Thursday, September 15, 2011

Venting out my anger

I think that a trip to the gym is due- probably later tonight. I absolutely want to scream and for once this has nothing to do with the miscarriage. Or maybe it does a little because my emotions have already been on a roller coaster and this just adds to the insanity right now.

2 days ago I got a "lovely" little letter in the mail from Avista. See I used to like Avista. Because I have always used the comfort billing option. Why?!! Because I would rather pay the same amount year round than have to scrimp and save for the insanely high winter month bills. Well this letter stated that they were raising my bill from $106 each month to... hold on... I think I just choked when I looked at the amount again to... $271!!! Are you freaking kidding me?!! That is almost triple the amount I was paying before.

And yes before you ask I understand the entire concept of the comfort billing system. I'm not a dummy. Yes, they raised my amount because we had a balance that needed to be paid off, but also I'm not a dummy. To have it jump like that is absolutely insane. And to do it to a low-income family like us means the difference between paying my avista bill or my family eating each month. They clearly should have adjusted the rate WAY before now.

Well of course I called. And the first dummy I talked to gave me the run around, blah, blah, blah. I know it wasn't her fault, but I was still pissed. So then I talked w/ someone above her. Blah, blah, blah yes idiot I understand comfort level billing. And so she referred me to Snap, which doesn't open until October and my bill is due the end of September. Wow isn't that just great. Ya I'm quite irritated right now and if there was a punch bag with the big avista sign on it right now I'd be beating it into the ground.

So I'll pay more than I was before, but there's no way on earth I'm paying that full amount. That's just ridiculous.

No comments: