Saturday, January 1, 2011

Merry merry Christmas

Girls at the end of Christmas day =) Hailey after a very very long day... yep she's in the middle of a major tantrum

And this is why... she wanted this sucker- go figure, lol!
By the end of the night she was a pro at opening gifts- see the determination in her face?!!
So I totally realized why I haven't blogged much... I've had my nose stuffed into the Harry Potter series, which I finally finished- can you hear the applause, lol?!! I'm not sure why I never read them, but I finally decided to. It took me about 3 weeks and I LOVED THEM!! Yes I've stayed up way too late and missed a lot of sleep to make that happen so here's to catching up on some must needed sleep. This year was a tad on the crazy side with trying to do every family activity and make everyone happy. Christmas is supposed to be a wonderful time of year where we remember the birth of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and it just felt a little too hectic this year so we'll probably be making a few changes next year.

Anyways... we had my dad, brother, and sis over for dinner on Thursday night. My first time making a ham and scalloped potatoes and it turned out pretty good. Guess that's what happens when you have so much family in town- you get really good at making side dishes and not much experience at the big stuff so this was a great learning experience for me. Then Christmas Eve morning we had the Waite's over for breakfast- love them so much and I'm so glad that we're making good friends in our new ward. It's been a tradition for as long as I can remember to go out to my grandma's place on liberty lake for christmas eve so before we went out there we went out there we stopped at Hobby Lobby for our first time and I have one word for that place- WOW! I loved it!! I'll have to do another post with just my purchases. Let's just say that Tim and I treated ourselves to some pretty sweet stuff! After hitting up my grandma's we went to Tim's parents for their traditional "picnic" and It's a wonderful Life!
My awesome x-mas socks I got this year- aren't you jealous?!!
So sweet =)
Christmas day was even more hectic. We opened presents with our girls first, then went to my mom's for breakfast, and then back to Tim's parents for dinner. My house was destroyed for a few days and it's finally starting to look back to normal. I'm quite crazy with mess in my house so I couldn't wait to get things back in order. In fact this morning we took our tree down. Now usually I try to keep it up a few weeks after Christmas- it's just so cute and festive, but this year my girls just wouldn't leave it alone at all so I wasn't sad to see it go back in the box at all.
Poor thing was so tired
The girls were spoiled big time and though I didn't spend too much thanks to clearance sections, black friday, and my good eyes for a good deal there was still a ton of stuff! Whew- next year we've vowed to not buy as much. Luckily we have a bigger house now so finding room for new toys wasn't a problem at all!
One of Hailey's bigger toys this year. This was right after we got done setting it up! Probably her favorite gift- Pillow pet! I think almost every kid wanted one and every time we were in the store she would point them out and say "piddow". Giant vanity that I got an awesome price on!! But the thing took 2 1/2 hours to put together... never again! My cheese ball. She doesn't even care about the presents- just wanted the candy

2 comments:

Nikki said...

1st let me say I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT WAS YOUR 1ST TIME AT H.L.!!! Crazy girl you've been messing out.
2nd i too agree that christmas is not suppose to be so hecktic. thats how it was for us too this year. didn't get to enjoy it very well.

Kathryn said...

Sounds like you guys had a great Christmas! I'm interested to see your hobby lobby purchases. I like that place too, i spend way to much time browsing through stuff there.