Wednesday, December 29, 2010

I probably shouldn't...

But I'm going to anyways. The new ward is going a lot better now. Instead of just talking to Tim the whole time I finally have a few familiar faces to say hi to and chat with which is really nice. Nursery for Hailey though is a completely different story. Let's just start this out by saying that I don't think the nursery leaders have ever had a child like Hailey before.

It starts out that we've had 2 things said to us:
1) Hailey is one of 2 "alpha" females here and we really have to keep an eye on her and another girl
2) She really has a lot of energy. You should probably think about dance classes or something for her...

K I know my kid is a handful and more energetic and crazy than most other kids, but the way that these things were said was in no way a complement. It was almost like what do you do to your kid to make her that way?!!

Then almost every Sunday we've had her in nursery she comes out with a VERY dirty diaper. It was so bad that it had leaked poo onto her bloomers and tights... which also means that everything she sad on got poo on it as well. So I understand that sometimes you don't notice a poopie diaper right away, but it was obvious that she had been in it for quite a while. On top of all that, the minute I walked into the nursery room it smelled so bad... AND SOMEBODY HAD EVEN OPENED THE WINDOW IT SMELLED SO BAD!!! So as a parent, if you notice a smell that bad aren't you going to find out where it's coming from and get that parent?!! I know I would, plus it's very unsanitary for a child to be sitting in poo that long. Needless to say I was a little ticked after church that sunday and then the next sunday I had to tell them to please come and get me if she pooed again. They tried to tell me that sometimes they don't know who it is- come on now! So hopefully this gets a little better...

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

I'm glad that things are going better in your new ward. It honestly takes a while to feel at home. In fact, it took me six months in my last ward to not feel nervous every week while at church. I completely understand.

I also understand how you feel with Hailey. First of all, she is ADORABLE! I know I've only seen her once, and she is incredibly spunky, but she is too cute. I too have had my fair share of issues with my own child, but to be honest, let it roll off your back. Venting on here is AWESOME, too because I'm sure 99% of us have had issues at church with our kids. Someday you will look back, and she will be well-behaved, and you will forget (well almost) how difficult she was. I now have THAT child who is well-behaved. Don't give up, it'll happen. Be grateful she is energetic! One of the BEST things someone ever said to me as I was dragging my kicking, crying, screaming toddler from the church was, "that her most successful child had the SAME issues at the same age!" I'm sure Hailey will be the same way!

Honestly, if anyone knows about rude comments about kids, it's me, so I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND! Hang in there Christy! You're a great mom!!! Kids come hard-wired, don't they? :)