Sunday, January 2, 2011

My new favorite finds

Now I'm not much of a crafty person. I'm starting to get more into gradually, but it just doesn't come naturally to me as it does to some other women I know. That's probably why it took me so long to make my first trip into this wonderful place, but I can't wait until I can go back again.

As promised here are my 'bigger' finds from my new favorite place... HOBBY LOBBY!!!

I fell in love with these lamps the minute I saw them. Our new house doesn't have overhead lights in our living room so for the first while I've only had the stand up light that you can kind of see in the background here. I've needed some more lamps, but anyone who has ever bought lamps know how freakin expensive they are. Well I found these- yep I got to buy both of them because they were half off!!
We wandered up and down many aisles and I found this also. It hangs on the wall and I just thought it was too cute... and it was half off too =) And seeing as how many of my walls are still bare because we have way more wall space in the new house it was a "must buy" too!
And... ta-da!!! This was the most expensive purchase. I just can't stand how expensive furniture or even decorating itself is, but we had to look at it as an investment piece that will stay with us for a very very long time. This is in my entry way now where the ottoman was. It all just worked out fabulous because I wanted a mirror, coat rack, and somewhere to sit. Voila- all in one! Plus it even has the storage wicker baskets for things like gloves, scarves, etc which is just perfect for this time of year! All their furniture was 30% off and I got them to knock another 10% off becuase there was a nick in the wood. And to make this even better the ottoman that I was using there is now in the living room serving as the kids "toy box"! Yay I've been wanting to find a cuter way to store the toys that find their way downstairs!!



2 comments:

Nikki said...

love everything!

Unknown said...

I love your bench!!! I want something like that badly, but not sure where to put it???