Tuesday, January 25, 2011

On the mend =)

It's been about a week since the last post. I had this horrible cold that lasted for almost 2 weeks- come on didn't it realize that I'm THE MOTHER and keeping me from my mom duties for that long is not good?!! I spent most of my time on and off the couch when I wasn't feeding kids, changing diapers, picking up toys so that I didn't step on them, and making dinner. Unfortunately at the same time my poor little Hanners was sick :( I wasn't sure about her though because I know teething can produce the same symptoms as a cold, especially if Hannah was anything like Hailey and never showed signs of things like ear infections. And Hannah was VERY miserable at night because she would wake up every 2-3 hours like a newborn, which left me virtually no time for good sleep to kick my own cold- fabulous right?!! So Wed night I woke up to deal with Hannah and my ear started to ache a little... nothing unusual so I asked Tim to find out at work about getting me back on his insurance so I could go into the dr. The reason I wasn't on in the first place is by my own personal choice. I get state med for my pregnancies so in between having babies I've chosen to not pay the $120 per month for my insurance because I'm usually a very healthy person. Well Tim came home and told me that because I hadn't had continuous insurance I would have to wait until his company's open enrollment time... fabulous...

Luckily Tim has most fridays off unless he's offered over-time so Thursday night he got up with Hannah once to help me out, which was such a blessing. Then friday morning there was no doubt to me- I had an ear infection and Hannah was still fussy so it was time to make the dreaded dr appts. I called around about places working with low income families because though we budget our money well, we definitely fall into that category. Most places couldn't get me in for a few weeks so I was left with the urgent care option. "Great" I thought, but hey it was still probably cheaper than me paying the monthly insurance cost each month totaled. So anyways Hannah and I both ended up having ear infections. I'm super happy to be on meds cause I feel 200% better now and I can tell the little Hanners does too :)

And to leave with the happy part- my whole urgent care visit PLUS the cost of my prescriptions cost the same amount as it would for only 1 month of insurance!!! So... that was a fabulous day in my books!! Plus now that I'm feeling better my house is starting to look better too, lol.

No comments: