Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day #1

Potty training... these words give me a serious headache... I had a great recommendation for a book on help w/ potty traininghttp://www.amazon.com/Potty-Train-Three-Days-Kleint/dp/0971639906 I don't think that this is the exact book my friend used, but I'm pretty sure that it follows basically the same steps. So yesterday we had our first day. I prepped for it knowing that we would have MANY accidents... Yesterday was also VERY HARD!! We went through about 7+ pairs of panties and quite often she would wet herself right after she was just on the potty... sometimes she had managed to get some pee out, sometimes not. And a few times it was even RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME!! It was extremely frustrating, especially with another baby to take care of who is very cranky from teething right now. The book says you need to stay in the bathroom with them the whole time... ya that doesn't happen so easily when Hannah is screaming lol... it also says to keep by your child's side all day for 3 days to stop the accidents before they happen and/ or to catch them in the middle. Also not as easy as it sounds, lol. But I sure did my best! To get ready for all of this we got the little potty, plenty of panties that Hailey got to pick out (she chose Minnie Mouse and Tinkerbell), a special toy that she only gets to play with on the potty, a new "Addy Caddaby" (from sesame street) potty training book, and treats. So I feel pretty proud of myself for yesterday... like I said it was miserable... she peed on the floor many times, on my rug, on my couch (ya not allowed on the couch anymore, lol), etc. and I managed to keep my cool pretty darn well and stay patient with her. She understood about halfway through the day that it wasn't ok to pee in her panties and pretty soon she would tell me in mid pee... poor thing and then the whole time saying sorry mommy. So here's to another day... DAY 2!!! I'll have to update on how that goes later!

No comments: