Saturday, April 9, 2011

And the story continues...

So the past 2 days have gone very well, especially considering that I just started training Hailey on Monday. So on Thursday (day #4) I was dying to get out of the house so I went to Costco w/ my friend Janae. Hailey did VERY well while we were out and went a whole 2 hours without an accident and then went in the potty like it was nothing. She only had 1 accident that day and it was late in the evening and I take all the blame for it. I just forgot what the time was and she said "Mommy I have to go potty" because she was in mid pee. I rushed her to the potty and she finished. It ended up being about 2 1/2 hours since the last time that she had gone so I couldn't really blame her.
So yesterday (Friday and day #5) she still overall did very well. The biggest problem that we have with her now is once we're out of the house and she's out of her comfort zone, she seems to have a problem keeping dry. So I made her wear wet pants for a while, mainly because it was her 2nd accident while we were out and I had already used our 'backup' pair. She ended up with quite the rash on her legs... I felt bad, but I really want her to know what it feels like and that it's not a good feeling. The strange thing with her accidents is that I had taken her to the potty several times, but it still happened. I guess I need to keep more on top of her while we're out of the house now. Ugh yesterday was a very frustrating day with her, but there's no way I'm ever going back to diapers with her again!! So we'll just keep pressing on and things can only get better from here.
Now to end on a positive note =) Hailey did VERY well last night. She woke me up about 5:30am to tell me that she peed, but I looked down and saw that she wasn't wearing any bottoms. So I took her into the bathroom to go potty and saw that they were both on the ground. We went upstairs to put her back to bed and I was totally expecting to have to change her sheets, but nope!! They were 100% dry so she must have woken up and realized that she had to go potty , but wasn't able to make it in time. That makes me very happy because, to me, that means she's realizing she needs to get to the potty. So overall we're making very very good progress.
Sometimes when she has an accident it can be very discouring, but I'm just trying to keep my head up while letting her know that that behavior isn't ok. That she's a big girl now and needs to keep her panties dry. Here's to a sane mommy while we continue to fully potty train her!! At least we're over a very big hurdle right now!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a success!!! I think girls are so much easier to train than boys. Bryce is now 4 and still has to wear a diaper at night. Kaylee never had an accident at night at all! Every kid is just so different i guess:)