Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day #2

Today went sooooo much better!!!!!!
We didn't even have our first accident until about 1pm!!! Then she had another one about half and hour later and both of those were directly related to going #2. Poor thing. I know it's very hard for some kids to get past the awkwardness of going poo on the potty instead of in their diapers. She tried to hide and poo in her panties, haha... it looked like a big lump underneath her panties!! But she realized it was wrong and not the right thing to do!!! That's where I know that we're gaining ground with her. And then.... she comes up to me early this evening saying " Mommy I have to go potty" so I get all rushed and run her to the bathroom not knowing if she was about to pee her pants or not. Well she ended up going pee and poo- wow!!! Yay Hailey!!! Then randomly the girls and I were playing upstairs before bedtime while Tim was in class and she pees- sitting right next to me!!! Now I've been taking her to the potty at regular intervals though out the day and she had just went to the bathroom. She instantly starting saying sorry mommy and playing in it- gross!!!
Last night she, of course, wet the bed, but I expected it and had stuffed some towels underneath her sheets so that it made for an easier clean up this morning. I even tried to wake her up last night to go to the bathroom, but she couldn't get anything out. I don't mind washing sheets and blankets and I really wanted to go all out for the potty training... so no pull-ups/ diapers for night time. I want her to understand what it feels like so that she hopefully kicks that habit real soon and I really don't want to make excuses for her. She needs to have my confidence that she can do it and stay dry through the night.
So here's to day 3 tomorrow. May it be even better than today- because I'm seriously sick of being stuck in my house, lol!

No comments: