Monday, November 1, 2010

For all eternity

We did it!! On Oct 23rd Tim and I went to the temple for our first time and then we were sealed and had our girls sealed to us right afterwards. It was such a wonderful day and it completely flew by. My fabulously awesome friend Jenn took care of the girls for us so that we were able to be worry free- love you Jenn!!! We were so blessed to have many friends and family there with us so share in our special day. The temple brought forth so many feelings, but the strongest overall feeling I had was the constant feeling from the Holy Ghost that this was the best thing for myself and my family. The overwhelming feeling of my Savior's love surrounded me so intensely that just remembering that day brings tears of joy back to my eyes. Simply put (and I think I've heard this from others as well) the temple is beautifully simple and simply beautiful! I can't wait until we are able to go back again- hopefully soon!!- though having young ones can make that a little challenging, but when have I ever backed down to a challenge?!! Here is a pic of us right after we were all done.
Now you know I couldn't leave you without a good laugh...

Afterwards the entire family went to Applebee's for a bite to eat. Of course Hailey had to get into something and started bawling (I think this pic is hilarious... scroll down and you'll see why)
This is the culprit- she stuck her finger in, couldn't get it out, and, yes, she's done this many times since then as well... you would think that she would learn, but I suppose she is only 2 lol!

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

aw, I got a lil emotional just READING your post, I'm so happy for you guys! I am beginning to realize how hard it is to make it to the temple with kids too, so maybe we can swap babysitting or something :) And it looks like you had a fun Halloween. I was missing you guys for sure!

Unknown said...

What an awesome experience! You guys look so happy and congrats!!! I'm sure your kids won't remember it, but they can look at the pictures as you tell them about that day and how special it was.

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

well if you ever need a sitter again.......

Christy said...

Jenn you're WAY overdue for me to watch your kiddos for you sometime here though you know you're always welcome to watch them! I swear Hailey like you more than me!