Monday, September 27, 2010

Uninvited visitors

What a strange title to a blog post- yet oh so true! First of all, we have a very nosy neighbor to the west of us who's a little on the crazy side. The minute that anyone steps out the back door she's right there yapping your ear off. It's almost as if she waits on her back porch for us to come outside. I've tried to get a pic of her, but everytime I go to get one she goes back inside her own house. The big problem with her is that she will talk and talk and talk and we're at the house trying to get things done. We don't have a lot of time so our time is very valuable right now. I've had to go outside and rescue Tim a few times (asking him something like "honey can I get your help lifting this?" lol) because he's just too passive to excuse himself back to work. I promise to eventually get a pic of our crazy neighbor lady soon though!

Now we have another set of visitors. I was painting the living room and was able to get a quick pic of them as they were getting out of their car. This is Tim's mom's parents. They have shown up almost every day of the week for the past week. Now I need to explain a little more as to why they keep showing up: First of all, they lived on the house across the street and over one house to the left for about 40 years so they are excited to see us moving into their old neighborhood. Second... they are old, bored, and have nothing better to do~~~ The problem with them coming over so much is because they want to talk and stand in the way. I don't have any furniture there yet except for a pack n play, baby swing, and a wash and dryer. I'm not equipped to entertain nor do I have the time to do so when I'm at the house to work right now. On top of that, they never call first. I told Tim that if this pattern continues while we're living there I'm going to keep the curtains drawn, park my car in the alley, and keep the door locked! I'm glad to have company, but in reasonable amounts and a courtesy call is usually nice too. I mean come on- I'm lucky if I shower each day and my house will usually be messy from kids!

No comments: