Thursday, September 23, 2010

Bouncing back

I just love how fast little ones bounce back from their surgery. Hailey has been going full force since just a few hours after her surgery. Annnnddd here's the proof: Notice how that bandage used to be pink?!! She's been using her hand just like normal and it was really grossSoooo.... I had to change it and now her bandage is green. If I do say so myself, I do a pretty professional job! I learned very quickly with the last surgery because we had to change it a few times from her pulling at it. Notice the tears on her face =( it's been a really hard morning for her. I was trying my best to be soft and not hurt her, but let's face it, she just had her fingers cut into 2 days ago so of course it's going to be sore. It just broke my heart to hurt her like that, but it was really unsanitary for her bandage to be like that. Plus, she manged to get her middle finger out and that should be wrapped up still since it was in between that finger and her ring finger that she had the surgery on. And to add to her misery it can be painful to put her hand through sleeves so we also have to be very careful which shirts we put her in.

No comments: