Friday, April 30, 2010

Bye bye house

Okay so this past week and a half have been crazy to say the least. We got the final word on Monday night (April 19th) that everything for the sale of our home was going to be finalized that Friday! So we started the packing frenzy- well at least I did since I couldn't really move anything. I've never felt so handicapped while being pregnant as I have recently because usually I can lift and help move things like the best of them, but not right now. Anyways, we signed papers on Wednesday and got to pick up our proceeds check on Friday. Unfortunately everyone and their mom is taking money out of our profits so it's not as much as we would have liked it to be, but it's better than nothing. I just need to focus on the positive.

Haha thinking back on that I sure wasn't thinking very positively this past weekend. As it turns out, my in-laws, which is who we're staying with right now for a few months, invited friends of theirs to come and stay with them last weekend too... so what about us, their son and his family with a 9 month pregnant wife??? Basically my mother in law, who can be quite difficult to deal with a lot of the time, didn't really care about us. She was more concerned about her friends and offered to pay for one of the 2 nights in a motel... yes, not a hotel, but a stinky, uncomfortable motel. As you can tell, I was far from happy about that situation. When I first thought about staying in a hotel all I could think about was lounging my big, fat body in a pool and relaxing, but NOOOOO! No pool, no breakfast, no comfy beds, ugh! Yes I'm complaining, but I'm just not comfortable lately and highly irritable, so hey, it is what it is. Not to mention that the motel that my mother in law "graciously" paid half for had smoking rooms! Yuck! Our room was about 6 or so rooms down from where the smoking hall was and everytime our door opened the smell of smoke came into our room. On top of that, the hallway was horrible to walk down. I covered my nose every time because the smell made me want to puke! So needless to say many unrepeatable things came out of my mouth about this situation... let's just leave it at that, lol. I'm trying to get past this since I have to deal with her for another few months.

So there's our big story. These past few days I've just been trying to get as settled into their home as I can. My in-laws really are good people, but this last weekend just ticked me off more than I can even express. Our plan for now is to get through having Hannah, give me a few weeks of recovery time, and then we're going to hit the house hunting hard after that. So for now, I'm trying to make myself as comfortable here as I can and trying to make the best out of the situation. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That stinks about the motel. Sounds like a crap hole if you ask me:) Try to get through it though. We lived with aaron's parents for 2 months while we house hunted and it wasn't too bad, but it's sure nice to have your own place!

Christy said...

Ugh it was! And I even forgot to mention how horribly hard the beds were and don't even get me started on trying to get Hailey to fall asleep with us in the same room with her. Both nights we were there she didn't fall asleep until at least 10 because she kept standing up in her pack n play and talking to us. Such a horrible weekend that I'm very very glad to have behind me!