Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Bye Bye Sunny Bunny

So I probably should have done this yesterday, but it's taken me some time to get used to the fact that our kitty, Sunny, is gone for good. We needed to get rid of him because we're moving in with Tim's parents soon and they are allergic. Plus I think that we've both reached our wits end with the whole cat hair everywhere issue. Other than that he has been the most fabulous cat I have ever met. He's super lovey and cuddly and great with kids. We couldn't have asked for a better cat. We've had him for about 4 years and he has been the only cat out of 4 who have been good enough for us to keep. The others have been very mean or were peeing on my clothes. Yes, I know, gross gross gross!!! Anyways, we were meeting with our doula, Pamala, on Monday night and casually asked if she knew anyone who might be looking for a kitty. Turns out they had been looking and she took Sunny that night! I've been ok with letting Sunny go for a while now, but it has been very weird to not have him here. He's been my snuggle partner in the mornings since Tim leaves for work about 4:30 every morning and I still looked for him yesterday and this morning. I had to catch myself yesterday when I almost told Hailey to "go find Sunny." It's a good thing that Hailey is so young or else she probably would have been devastated by us giving him away. So to our beloved kitty, you will be missed, but nothing makes me happier than knowing that you went to a good, loving home!!

No comments: