Thursday, April 8, 2010

Hit and run

Okay, okay I've been blogging a lot lately, but this one is soooo worth reading! As I was carefully and slowly backing out of my parking space at Costco today all of a sudden I see another car backing out so I slam on my brakes. The other car proceeds to keep going, hits me, and then DRIVES OFF!!! Are you freakin kidding me?!!! I honked at him and he ignored and kept driving... so guess what I did.... I FOLLOWED HIM!!! Yes I did! If you know the Costco on Sprague in Spokane here, he drove in front of Home Depot towards Fancher. I thought that I might get lucky and he would stop somewhere, but noooo so I was forced into some evasive action. Right in front of the Home Depot garden area I went around him and parked diagonally so that he couldn't keep driving, got out and confronted him. I told him that he had hit me, I was pregnant, had my daughter in the car, and he just drove off. What the heck? I also told him just because he's old doesn't mean that he can get away with that. He looked at me like I was the crazy one because he had absolutely no clue that he had hit me. He apologized, but barely, and I got back into my car and drove off. I think I stunned him quite well because his car didn't move at all when I left.

Okay, now honestly, my car didn't get hit even close to hard enough to do any damage to us or the car. I know perfectly well that accidents happen. My big problem is that it happened and he drove off. I mean, seriously, you know when your car hits another car. It stops and meets resistance. I never planned on dealing with insurance or anything like that, but an apology should have happened and not from me following him to get it. I told Tim what happened and after he laughed at me and asked if we were ok he asked me if I got his license plate number. No I was more furious at the time and just wanted this guy to know it. I realize that my actions probably weren't the best, but hey what can I say- I was crazy before I got pregnant and it's 10 times worse now. If you don't believe me ask Tim about it, lol! So there's my story in a nutshell. And let me tell you what... it sure felt good to let that all out.

3 comments:


New Revolutionary
said...

haha way to go. I bet he did know he hit you he's just playing dumb. how can you not know you hit someone!!! just be careful, after living in atlanta I've learned to choose my quirls carefully. you never know whos holding and what kind of mood they are in!!!!
nikki

Anonymous said...

Christy- love- you are too funny! You wonder where your daughter gets it from! Glad you guys weren't hurt though and that you got your apology! Love you much! Mom

Renee' P said...

LOL! I love it! Good for you! I bet/hope he felt bad, even though he didn't mean it. How can you NOT know you hit someone? If you felt it, then he should have too.
I'm not sure what I would have done, but wohoo for pg hormones!!
Glad you weren't hurt too :)