Tuesday, March 2, 2010

It's not always as it seems...

Okay... so 99% of the time, when your child is being quiet as can be and leaving you along they are most likely getting into something that they shouldn't be. This morning as I'm doing the dishes I noticed that Hailey was abnormally absent from the area. Now this is very odd for her because EVERY TIME I do the dishes she does nothing but try to climb on the dish washer, pull things out of the dish washer, etc! I called out her name and nothing so of course I had to go investigate to see what mess she managed to make this time. We've babyproofed a lot of our house, but as I'm quickly learning kids are very resourceful and will always find something new and bigger to get into. So I crept through the house very quietly to surprise her and as I come around the corner to her room guess what I see?!! She's playing in her room by herself! This is practically unheard of!!! First of all because most of the time Hailey is way more fascinated in mom and dad's things than in her own toys and secondly because she always has to be around us. So I tried to sneak away quickly as I could so that she would stay happy playing by herself and she did... this time!

No comments: