Thursday, March 18, 2010

A kind word goes a long way!

Up until this point I have been taking Hailey to my dr appts and she's usually a monster everytime we go. Not really that bad I suppose, but she thinks that the office is her own personal playground. She constantly bolts through the waiting room doors that they always have wide open and runs up and down their halls until we catch up to her and carry her back... Or she tries to make a claim of "mine" when another kid is playing with the toy in the waiting room... Or, like the other day, she runs to another mom's purse and starts to rummage through it. I swear I can't get out the no's and sorrys fast enough sometimes.

Anyways, yesterday I met with Karen who is the lady that I see every other time instead of Dr. Brown. She is fabulous and is really wonderful. Of course I had to bring Hailey up on the table with me while I was measured and we heard the baby's heartbeat. That part I'm getting pretty used to. Yes Hailey was stubborn and independent like always, but as we're packing up Hailey's mess Karen looks at me and says "Christy you're doing a good job with her." What?!! Some days I feel like I'm absolutely going to pull my hair out! I just looked at her, stunned, and said "Thanks I try."

Let me tell you what- it sure felt really good to hear that, especially from someone that we don't see very often. I've been praying a lot lately for help with my patience with my little monster. Some days, like today, she just pushes my buttons way past what I thought they could and I'm sure that my crazy pregnancy hormones don't help that at all! I suppose that my days of bringing Hailey to these appts are limited- I doubt I want her there once they start to check me =)

No comments: