Sunday, March 27, 2011

Little moments

Sometimes I feel like I use this to vent more that I should... so this will be a VERY happy post!!

Let's see what should I start with?!! Tim is starting school in 1 week... wow! I'm so very proud of him for making this decision on his own and I know that the next few years will be hard on all of us, but that we'll make it through it! He's going to have a lot on his plate with full-time work, donating plasma, side tile jobs, school, church callings, family, etc. .... and no those aren't in any particular order, haha! We're very lucky to have his schooling completely paid for as well... ahhh the blessings of paying a full tithing!! Hannah is a total mommy's girl right now... and I'm not gonna lie I LOVE IT! She's a crawling monster and has started to pull herself up on things. Every time I look she's standing up on something new. She's such an amazing baby with a fun playful attitude. She now has 4 teeth, 2 on top 2 on bottom, though the 2 on top aren't her front teeth... weird right?!! She's a great eater and loves to feed herself. We've started giving her a few softer table foods and it's sooo much fun to watch her. She's recently figured out how to click her tongue... it's pretty funny! She loves to shake her head no and sometimes it really seems like she's doing in in response to you, lol. And then when you put her in front of a mirror she's usually wave... babies at this stage are just soo much fun!!Hailey, the poor thing, keeps getting sick. I think that she's finally over this round though, thanks heavens, because I sure feel like I've cleaned up my share of barf for the next year or so. We've been working on counting, colors, and Abc's lately. I'm so very proud of her-- She can count to 20 on her own... every once in a while she'll skip a number here or there, but other than that she's turned into learning champ! It's so much fun to watch her conquer another task and then she just loves doing it. Some days we sing the ABC song LOTS, lol! And sometimes she's stubborn and refused to sing with me, but then usually if I keep singing with a smile on my face she'll join in. Lil stinker =) Then the other day Tim and I realized that she was able to sing quite a big of 'I am a child of God' ... and I swear tears just came to my eyes the first time I heard her! Lately she's really started talking in good sentences for example... "Mommy I dote ike dat ( I don't like that). In fact this morning she told us that " I dote ike bed ( I don't like bread) as she was eating toast w/jam, lol... obviously she's just saying some things to say them because she was eating bread... silly girl. Oh and I signed Hailey up for a little kids gymnastic class at the Y. It starts in a few weeks here and I can't wait to see her in it- I really think that she's going to love it!!

Then onto me... Not much new. I've just been trying to take care of myself a little more lately with working out and just taking time for myself. I think it's very easy for us moms to ignore ourselves and focus on the rest of the family, but my family sure seems to run smoother when I take care of myself as well. Tim has been extremely supportive with this as well. I'm just sooo lucky!!

No comments: