Saturday, October 2, 2010

I did it!!!

Another 5 pounds gone, which makes 15 in total so far!!! Yay me and I faithfully rewarded myself with new (smaller!!!) jeans from Gap yesterday. Now I've never been a small person and have always been quite envious of those women who are just naturally smaller. I have plenty of curves, hips, and a giant chest on top of that. I will never been anything close to slim, but for me, I'm thrilled at the weight loss and what I've accomplished so far. I guess that's a part of being a woman is being comfortable in your own skin and happy with how you look. It probably helps that I have a fabulous hubbie who adores me as well, regardless of my size!!!

I guess I need to explain a little bit more of my excitement. When I was in high school (eeeks 8 years ago I'm starting to get old) I was always the "bigger" one and was always so self conscious of myself. As I look back on it I was only a size 6/8 and that's a very healthy size for me and I should have been so much happier with myself. Now fast foward 8 years... 2 kids later and a marriage where I've let myself go a bit and I've been up as high as a 14. I lost about 25 pounds about 4 years ago and got back down to a size 8 (yipee!!!),but sadly let myself go again and gradually climbed back up. Sad day, I know, especially since I have a stack of my absolute fav Gap jeans in size 8 that are waiting for me (yes I know, who the heck saves pants that dont' fit for that long, but I always knew I would lose it someday). Rewind to yesterday when I bought size 10... I didn't have to suck in at all for them to fit and they fit like a dream---- Ahhhhhhh-----!!!!! I'm one jean size away from my pants that I have been saving for over 3 years!!!

If I could go back in time and tell myself in those crazy teenage years that you look just fine I would! This weight loss has never been about pleasing anyone but myself. Tim loves me for me and is happy about my weight loss because it makes me happy. Now I'm setting my sights on that stack of jeans waiting for me- wish me luck =)

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Oh thats so great! I love what you said about just being happy in your own skin. Honestly, I've always been a size 10-12, I think they say Marilyn Monroe was a size 10 as well. Curves are a good thing :)

Unknown said...

Congrats on the the weight loss!!! I know what you mean and it feel awesome to wear those clothes that you haven't been in in years:) Way to go!!!