Monday, August 23, 2010

My personal battle ...

I've been a little overly obsessed with the scale lately... really not kidding there. I'm dying to work out harder, but my weights and awesome workout dvd's are all packed away... Soon I keep telling myself cause we'll be in our new home very, very soon. For now I'm just trying to cut back on excess snack a roos, watch what I'm eating better, drink more water, and taking a walk almost every evening with the hubby and kids.

See I lost my baby weight within about a week and a half after having Hannah this time, which I was ecstatic about because it took me at least 2 months with Hailey. But I have 2 big problems right now.
1) I had my share of "extra" on me when I got pregnant with both of my girls so though I've lost the weight that I gained while pregnant I still have a ways to go. And yes, I realize I should be happy with losing that weight alone, but I feel this uncontrollable urge to slim down and I've learned in life that you aren't going to lose weight until you're ready.... well I'M READY NOW!!! So have to take every opportunity while I'm still willing- and not pregnant anymore!!
2) I had a c-section with Hailey- it was an unplanned surgery though it could have been planned. She was my breech baby, but for some ridiculous reason my stupid drs didn't know she was breech.... until after over 30 hrs of labor!!! No I didn't see the same dr again, yes the c-section could have possibly been prevented and at least tried to turn the baby, and yes I have bad feelings toward it still.
I'm not sure whether it was the shock of unexpected surgery or just how my body reacted to it, but it wasn't good for me. I have an absolutely huge fat flab that hangs over my scar line from the surgery. I have absolutely no idea how women have flat tummies after having a c-section cause I don't!! It's so bad that I look freakin pregnant with clothes on still- helloooo body- my baby is almost 3 months old now so definitely not pregnant anymore! I have not worn anything but jeans that help to suck in my gut this summer because I'm that paranoid about it... I wear those shaper thingies underneath my skirts and dresses to help suck it in when I have to dress up. I realize that there's about a 100% possibility that I would still have excess around the mid section regardless of having a c-section or not and I was never the skinniest person to begin with... So my expectations aren't to have the flattest tummy ever.... but seriously the flab is in extreme excess and has gotta go! I'm not even kidding in the slightest when I say that I'm considering a nice tummy tuck for myself once I'm done having kids!

But to end this on a positive note- I'VE LOST 5 LBS!!! Yipeee!!! It's working so far. It's a slow process, but I'm ok with that. I know that losing slowly is better for your body and I'm just so happy I could pee my pants with the results so far!!!

1 comment:

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

well i thought you looked great when i saw you last sunday. i am so happy for your weightloss and your motivation. sadly there is no magic pill or diet plan than can do it for you. but you have such a great atitude that i am sure you will do awesome!