Thursday, January 2, 2014

Why my husband rocks!

A little over a month ago I splurged on myself and bought a new pair of winter boots. Well it might not really be "splurge" in most people's sense, but I was still very excited about them. They were exactly what I wanted- I had literally almost bought them in the store a few weeks before that- tried them on, knew exactly which model, size, color, etc the whole caboodle. But I waited.... because I knew that they were going to be on sale for Black Friday shopping- aka a few hours of completely crazed shoppers looking for a bargain in the wee hours of the night.

Anyways these boots really were a steal of a deal. Regularly $90 and in the store they were on sale for $65 BUT.... on Black Friday they were on sale for $35!!! My husband was super impressed on the price and didn't give me a hard time one bit for buying them. On top of that another reason for this purchase- besides their absolute cuteness and future use- is that I'm currently hugely pregnant. I have hardly any clothes that fit and most of my shoes don't fit either right now or are way too uncomfortable for me to even consider torturing my already tortured feet into wearing. These winter boots are slip-on (score for me!) and perfect to get me through the next few months. 

Anyways fast forward another month from us purchasing the boots. I have already worn them lots. And by lots I mean that they had turned into my go to everyday shoe already. We're driving home from visiting family in Canada for a week and I realize that I had left my boots at Tim's sister's house. We were an hour and a half into our 7-9 hour drive (why the variation- anyone who has ever driven with children can understand this, plus we were driving in the middle of winter and the roads weren't great) and I literally almost started crying. I was absolutely devastated. And here's the kicker....

My sweet loving husband, totally seriously, says I will turn back right now if you want me to. He was absolutely dead serious in wanting to make me happy, even if doing so would cause us to backtrack 3 solid hours of driving and possibly cause us to stay another night...

I reluctantly said no it's ok I can't make us do that even as both of my older girls were shouting at their daddy to turn the van around right now and get mommy's boots lol. He just said ok then we'll have my sister ship them. So when he called her up and asked her to expedite ship them- internationally by the way- I was shocked! If anyone has ever tried to ship anything to another country... well it's a bit absurd what they want to charge you. But once again he was just trying to make me happy. I sure love him for it too.

So my boots are en route right now thanks to a loving hubby and an awesome sis in law. And now I will really be able to call my boots a splurge lol. 

No comments: