Monday, January 6, 2014

Apparently I'm a volcano now

Yesterday someone at church, very loudly I might add, said to me "wow you haven't blown yet??!!"
Yes loudly and very rudely... these situations are always hard to walk away from with a smile.
I tried as politely as I could to smile and walk away as I told her that I still had about 2 months left.
But of course she couldn't let it go at that....  she followed with "What are you having a 10lb baby??"
I was just itching to get away from this lady as I quietly replied back that I'd never had a 10 lb baby. I mean seriously my biggest was Natalie and she was only 8lb 7oz- and I was huge with her as well.

As I finally escaped this lady I only had a minute or two break as she followed me.... yes she followed me....
to ask me AGAIN if I still had 2 months left. Luckily she left with only a yes reply this time.

Okay SERIOUSLY people!~ Are you asking me to really be like a volcano and spew my crazy pregnancy hormones all over you when you say something clearly tactless and thoughtless like that??!! Yes I'm pregnant. Yes I get big. No I don't get "pretty" pregnant where I only gain in my belly. I gain freaking weight EVERYWHERE! In my face, butt, legs, arms, feet, and then my belly gets ginormous. Every pregnancy, except for my first, I get asked if I'm carrying twins. I'm a bit used to people clearly disregarding my feelings by now, but when someone is so blatantly rude like that it's VERY hard to walk away from that. Even my husband was shocked when I told him later what had happened... and he was even more shocked that I didn't fire back at her.

So a word of advice... be kind to pregnant women. Be extra super duper with a cherry on top kind. And to be honest, sometimes that isn't even enough... or sometimes I can see through your fake crap anyways and don't want anything to do with you. Enjoy- that's part of the joys of having a million crazy hormones pumped through your body every day to grow the tiny little human inside... they make you seriously crazy... and seriously emotional. Not a great combo, especially in a woman.

So back off people. Apparently you need a life lesson in "think about what you say before you say it"...
because you better be glad I did when you say that junk to me

No comments: