Monday, January 13, 2014

A new year

What I hope to accomplish this year... hmmm everything that I can think of is quite selfish and revolves around myself... but I can also see these improvements spilling out into everyone around me.

I need to be a better version of myself- mentally, physically, emotionally, and most importantly spiritually.

I feel like this past year I have lost a part of myself somewhere. I'm not sure if that's what happens when your life is so consumed of taking care, nurturing, growing, and raising your lil ones, but somewhere along the way I have lost sight of who I need to be. Regardless of why it has happened things need to change.

This past year has been super busy for us. We've taken lots of trips, made our first ever alone trip without our children to a foreign country (just mexico, but hey that's big for us!), we are expecting child #4, started and are nearing completion of a huge remodel project upstairs that has completely cramped the rest of our house, and many many other things along the way.

I've had to take a serious step back and evaluate myself this year. I've been attacked more this past year than I can even remember being since high school. Saddest part is that it's been by people close to me. When that happens it really makes you question if you are really that horrible of a person as others are making you out to be... and while I can see room for improvement in my life, I'm so lucky so have a wonderful and HONEST husband who has kept me grounded and let me know that what others say about me isn't always my own fault and that no I'm not that bad. So this past year was a huge step for me in removing toxic people and environments from my life and learning to stand up for myself again. Remembering how I deserve to be treated.

This upcoming year will be one of many changes as well. Finally finishing our remodel project and regaining sanity in our home. I can't even tell you how much I'm looking forward to that. Our last and final addition to our family. Working on a newer inside and out version of myself. Those all make me so happy. It's something that I need and in doing that I will be a much better wife, mother, and friend.

No comments: