Sunday, October 23, 2011

Furniture experiments

Ok so a quick run down of what's been going on. A friend and I switched tables. We both got them for free and decided what the heck. This is a gorgeous old table with tons of character. The only problem I have with it now is that I'm not 100% in love with the color- at least in my dining room. I think it needs to be darker, and it's supposed to be- but the lighting make it look too washed out against the gray walls. But I'm going to have to live with it until spring time when I can get outside and redo it.

Ah and of course my not so favorite chairs.
Black they went- not too bad black. Still not my fav, but they definitely work until I can get some more cheap ones and redo them.
Ahhh remember this one??
K you can't really see it in the pic. The girlies were super duper excited to sit on it together. And nice smiles!
Better pic- repainted and new fabric. Not the best wrap job- it was my first- but hey I can only get better from here =)
Now this piece is a good ol laminate tv stand from Wally world that Tim and I got from our wedding- well wedding money bought it. And when we moved into our new house it sat in storage for 6 months... with masking tape over the drawer and it pulled the laminate off. I've been dying to do something to it. Tim really wanted to buy another one. I don't blame him. But I wanted to try to fix it first.
I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. And I'm in love with how it goes in my living room.
And finally my hutch. Another free piece we've had for a few years. See a common them here?? We've had an overload of wood colored pieces. And I'm talking complete overload. Especially with our wood floors. Tim is a "wood-colored" furniture kind of guy. He would rather that I keep everything the same or just fix it and restain it. I told him that he would come home one day and it would be painted, lol, so get ready for it. I'm horrible with before pics. Trying to get better, but the hutch is the piece in the back. And that's my friend Whitney- here's her blog again- http://www.whitneyvintage.blogspot.com/ she really is amazing.
And ta-da---- Here's my new hutch. Painted black and I was able to use the existing hardware. Just spray painted them with this gorgeous hammered spray that I've used around the house already on various fixtures. I'm so IN LOVE with this. And people that have come in can't believe it's the same piece. To be honest I can't either. Still have a few other furniture pieces to finish. They're already painted, but need fabric seat and some modge podge designs added. Will post pics when finished cause those are great indoor winter projects for me to tackle.

1 comment:

Mikaela said...

Dang girl, you've been busy! Love all the renovations...and I have a table almost just like yours. I'm not brave enough to paint it, even though I don't LOVE the color of the wood. You're brave and daring, and the results of everything look AWESOME!