Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Family camping trip

Ok... camping... Definitely not my first choice for a vacation each year, but because it's a tradition for Tim and his family I'm forced into it. Personally, I feel like I've adjusted pretty well considering I've never tent camped before joining this family, but Tim would tell you that I do nothing but complain... and he might be right, but you won't hear me admit that anytime soon. I'm very fearful that I'll never escape this tradition either because Hailey loved spending the few days at the lake! Ugh me on the other hand... now that's a different story.

Here's my list of complaints

1. Bug, bugs, and more bugs. I especially can't stand them getting into my tent. The first night I was there I killed a nasty mosquito as it was biting me in my tent on my hand- GROSS!!!

2. Nasty toilets. K if anyone has ever camped at Lionhead at Priest Lake the bathroom has air that blows on your bum- not kidding- and it makes it very awkward to go to the bathroom. I usually can't go poo for a few days while I'm there cause it messes with me that much. Oh and yes my other camp-loving family members have the same complaint with the bathroom so at least I'm not alone there.

3. Stupid air mattress that deflates at night. Enough said there- waking up in the middle of the night with your sweaty husband on top of you is not fun.

4. Camping with kids. They get dirt everywhere and unlike me, they love dirt!

5. Camping with babies... trying to nurse in the middle of the night in a pitch black FREEZING COLD tent sucks!

6. The night getting so cold that you almost pee your pants at night because you don't want to get out of the warm sleeping bag just to go pee.

7. Not being able to take regular showers. Yes, I like to be clean. Is that such a crime?

8. Seriously, this list could go on forever... so I'll stop now
9. Gotta mention one other thing. Wild animals scare the crap out of me. Especially since my nephew said he saw a tiger without stripes, meaning a cougar. Yep I was scared straight and wouldn't let Hailey out of my sight all weekend long.

I've grown to not mind camping as much as I used to. I do like being outdoors and especially spending time on the gorgeous sandy beaches at Priest! Hey who wouldn't love that?!! Usually we go to the lake for a week long trip, but we were only able to go up Thurs night through Sunday because Tim used up all his paid vaca time with his knee surgery and Hannah's arrival.

Yes, usually I manage to get through a whole week somehow. Gosh the things that I do for this husband of mine. I guess I must just love him a whole bunch! Here's a whole bunch of pics from our trip- enjoy!
Playing in the dirt... again...

Annual family picture- Tim's parents with all their kids and grandkids.

Tim and Adam throwing Tracy into the water!

Hailey playing in the sand- she loved it and ended up eating quite a bit too!

No comments: