Sunday, January 27, 2013

Potty training... again

And off we are again...this time with Hannah. Honestly I feel way less stressed out with her than I did with Hailey. I know more what to expect and I've definitely done better with my temper this time around. It's kind of funny because with your first kid you really try to push potty training early... and with Hannah I've realized tgat isn't the right way for me to be doing things. I decided to wait until I really felt like she was ready and asking. Plus having Natalie made things easier to decide when because I knew I needed to wait until she was a little older.
So I'm not going to lie... potty training Hannah has gone quite well so far. She got a little over excited the first morning when she realized that she would get skittles when she went in her potty so she was going in there every 5 min... and it was exhausting!
But overall I'm very impressed with myself this time around. I can look back and see where i messed up with Hailey. I can also honestly say that I was overall way too hard on Hailey. It's very hard for me to even admit that but in my heart I know it's true. Motherhood has truly changed me. Characteristics like patience, selflessness, and true understanding were things that unfortunately I had to wait until adulthood to even start to comprehend. But I suppose better late than never.
Now we're on day #4 and Hannah is acting like she's been potty trained for months... seriously I did not expect this out of her. She loved to be the "baby" but clearly she was just putting on a show for us because she's quite the big girl! Our only problem... she's not going poo lol... she had 2 poo accidents on day #2, but hasn't had a potty accident since day #1 and has even kept dry at night- we get her up once about 1130 or so to go! So here's getting over her fear of the poo monster lol!!!

No comments: