Saturday, August 18, 2012

Natalie's birth

I knew it was only a matter of time before labor started because I was dilated to a 4 at my dr appt on Wed. I had lots of bh and a few contractions on friday during the day, but nothing worth getting excited about so luckily I spent the day cleaning, which turned out to be a huge blessing. Anyways it was about 6pm and we had just finished dinner and I stood up and felt like I peed myself lol... but I didn't. It wasn't a lot, but it kept happening every few minutes and I knew that it was my water breaking. Contractions still weren't coming hardly at all so we hung out a home for a while. I called my mom and had her come over to be with the girls and we finally left the house at about 9pm to meet my amazing doula Pamala at good ol Walmart so that we could walk around. It didn't take long for my contractions to start up good and strong and soon we were off to the hospital. They started coming so fast and strong that I'm pretty sure I yelled at Tim on our way over there. We checked in at 1030 and I swear I couldn't get my epidural fast enough. Of course it was another back labor only and once I got my meds I dilated super fast and Our little miracle was born at 1:13am.

I was so happy with her delivery- finally- since I didn't have much say in things as both Hailey and Hannah were delivered in the operating room. Natalie was pushed out in about 5 minutes- super fast and I didn't tear at all! We did delayed cord clamping which was amazing because right away I got tons of bonding time with her. We had an amazing night nurse who didn't rush us into anything and just let me lay with the baby and nurse her until she was content. I looked at the dr and said that felt really easy and he just kind of shook his head and said you made it look easy. So I guess with a super easy birth I should have expected something else to go wrong... and it did. I woke up at about 5 or so that morning with horrible neck and head pain. So far this week I've been to the chiropractor twice because absolutely none of the medications that I was prescribed have done anything for me. All they did was make me and the babes barfy more so I quickly stopped taking them. My neck and upper back are definitely on the mend and feel pretty fabulous this morning, but now it's my lower and mid back area, especially around my epidural spot, that is so painful that it makes me want to drop down and cry. I swear I can't seem to catch a break right now. I just had a baby and my back feels like I was in a serious car accident- go figure that would be my luck lol


But to end on a positive note I have an amazingly beautiful new baby girl who is very healthy and happy and who even only woke up once last night to nurse and then went right back to sleep. So even though I'm a mama in pain at least I'm well rested. And I've already lost 23lbs of the 35lbs that I gained with her!! This week has also shown me how much my husband can really step up and how wonderful he really is. He's been so understanding and has taken care of everything!

1 comment:

The Brown's Sanitarium said...

I am so happy for you guys. Three beautiful little girls. :)

Hope you are still on the med have had no further set backs. My epidural spot was tender for a few days afterwards as well. If it got bumped just right it dropped me.