Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's all about learning...


Maybe I'm a bad mommy for not getting Hailey started on feeding herself earlier, but I guess I just haven't wanted to deal with the extra mess of it. I swear I can't keep my floors clean long as it is. I've known that she was ready to start to feed herself for a while now, but I kept forgetting to go and buy her some of her own toddler utensils. Well I finally did and she's been doing great.

Look at her concentration- and yes I know I put WAY too much milk in her cereal that morning. She's such an independent little stinker and doesn't even hardly want any help from me, but if I don't help her she doesn't get any food onto her spoon and takes bites but with no food there, lol! It's pretty funny to watch. She definitely has the personality of an "oldest" child. The hardest part is actually when I have to take away her bowl and spoon- she gets super mad and throws a giant fit, which I thought was supposed to be reserved until the child gets closer to the age of 2.... NEWS FLASH TO ME: temper tantrums come much earlier than 2!!

On a positive note Hailey has started to become really good at folding her arms for prayer and then saying Amen when we're finished. The really funny part though is when your prayer is longer than she thinks that it should be and she announces "Bah Beh", which is her version of Amen. It's hilarious and makes finishing your prayer quite difficult. I'm so thankful so have her in my life and I'm really looking forward to all of the years that we have together. Yes, she is an absolute handful most days, but once I'm able to remind myself that she is still just a toddler I'm able to fully see how much joy she brings to my days!

No comments: