Saturday, November 3, 2012

Every penny counts!

So we recently got a gigantic new recycling bin- as did the rest of Spokane. I wasn't really excited about it at first though because I've never been a huge fan of recycling. Yeah yeah I know it's good for the environment, but I was always peeved that I had to pay to get the small blue recycling tote and then that I never got credited for my recycling. See for me to do something it has to be worth my effort. And by effort I mean time and we all know that time means money. So yes it comes down to money for me again. Well I figured out that if I really focused on recycling as much as I can we could reduce our garbage amount and then I could get a smaller garbage can. Well... TA-DA... meet our new smaller garbage can. I finally found a way that recycling pays- and thats by saving me $12/month with a smaller garbage can!

No comments: